CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 9, 2012

Oviparous Animals

I have seriously got to get better about blogging more.  Life around my house has been CRAZY!  We are moving in 4 days and all I can see is boxes, boxes and MORE boxes.  The good news is we are on spring break this week, so I have plenty of time to finish packing. 


Here are a few things we did right before Spring Break.  We started our oviparous unit.  I must say this is one of my favorite themes to teach.  It’s just fun! 


Oviparous  Animals

We made an ostrich.  These turned out too cute and the children learned lots of facts about the flightless bird.  Check them out:



We also recorded our learning about ostriches on this graphic organizer. 



Since Easter was coming up, we decided to have a math Easter Egg hunt in the classroom.  This was AWESOME!  Here’s what I did, I made up 20 different math questions.  Some were addition, some money, some measuring, etc.  The children had a recording sheet.  They walked around and found eggs, recorded their answer and kept on moving.  I can’t tell you how much fun the kids had.  They were begging to do it again the next day!  Here are a few pics




So now, I’m taking a break from packing and going to do some planning.  When we return we are starting our BUGGY BUGS theme, another favorite of mine J 


8 comments:

  1. The ostrich is ADORABLE!!! I am in love!

    Michelle

    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny!
    I just tagged you!
    http://pirateslifeforus.blogspot.com/2012/04/tag-im-it.html
    Jenn
    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny -- I just found your blog on TBA and am your newest follower. The math Easter egg hunt is a fabulous idea. I'm adding it to my files. Thanks! As a newbie to blogging, I'd love it if you would stop by my blog and leave a comment.
    Barb
    http://itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your blog! I am also a first grade teacher in NC. I teach & live in Lexington, NC.
    Stop by sometime.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog.I’m your newest follower. Please check out my blog if you get a chance “Calling Plays in 2nd Grade”.
    Thanks, Shanell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog. I have found some great ideas to use with my class. Im your newest follower.
    Latoya
    Flying Into First Grade

    ReplyDelete