CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sharing our Friends

My Friend Fred

Ever had your kids say “she’s my friend, you can’t play with her?”  I think this happens so much in first grade.  Children find a friend and then try to control who that friend plays with.  As I was reading a few books from the library, I came across this book  My Friend Fred by Hiawyn Oram. 
It is a great story about a little girl and her dog and how she tries to keep her dog from playing with anyone else but her.  I am going to use this book when I start to see my first graders not sharing their friends.
It’s such a cute book and will really hit home with the kids. 
Hope you guys enjoy it.  What are some books you use to deal with friendship problems in your classroom? 






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a new resource. I am always on the look out for ways to reinforce social skills.

    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to keep my eye out for that book. It looks like a good one. Thanks!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to find this book. I'm a new follower! I'd love for you to buzz by sometime=)

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Your blog is awesome! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Come visit my blog, http://www.elemsafari.blogspot.com/ for instructions!

    ReplyDelete